New Immigrants, Ontario Canada
At Hummingbird Financial we guide newcomers through a tax system that can seem intimidating at first. Many of our clients migrate from countries where taxes are remitted to the government on a pay as you earn basis (PAYE) and you were not required to file income taxes unless you own a business or are applying for a refund. We help clients to understand the intricacies of the Canadian tax system, highlight the importance of compliance with tax laws and maximise the tax benefits for which they are eligible.
Have you ever gone somewhere to get your taxes filed and end up signing paperwork you don’t understand? We relieve that anxiety and provide new clients with a one-hour free consultation where we will help you understand the tax system and answer all of your questions.
- Not sure how to treat property you owned before you migrated?
- What child benefits are you eligible for?
- What does world income mean?
- How do I prove the income that I earned before I came to Canada?
- What tax deductions can you claim?
- What are refundable and non-refundable tax credits?
Let us help you relieve the anxiety and guess work associated with filing your taxes.